Thursday, November 4, 2010

Krazy Tok

Yesterday I was sitting in Victors office going over the winning candidates from Tuesday's election. I noticed one local guy who was elected some small-town such and such position ran with his name listed as Lawrence "Larry" Wilkins.

Really? You needed to include your nickname in quotes?

This drives me nuts. Like a law firm sign I once saw above a door, his professional place of business, it read: Michael "Mike" Brown, esq.

Again, REALLY?

I picture walking in that law office on with a neck brace from a recent car accident and asking for Michael Brown and getting a blank stare.

"I...don't know who you mean...Oh! Do you mean 'Mike'?"

C'mon.

It's just as irritating as the intentionally misspelled stores. Kwik Wash. Whhhyyyy..... Why is it 'Kwik' with a 'Kw'? I asked Bryan this once and he actually replied that maybe it was because those letters were cheaper.

Or Pic N' Sav. Really? Every word? Is your target demographic only able to read phonetically?

I love you, Kool Kone, you know I do. But honestly. The taste of your onion rings only barely, just barely covers the distaste of the unnecessary K.

I got a bone to Pic N' Komplain about.

-Carrie "Carrie" Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment